Yasaira Rodriguez, M.D.
Yasaira Rodriguez, M.D.
Office: (239) 936-2020
Email: send email
Dr. Yasaira Rodriguez is excited to join the Elmquist Eye Group and become a part of the Fort Myers-Cape Coral community. She is a comprehensive ophthalmologist specializing in cosmetic procedures and performing cataract surgery with advanced technology lenses and micro-invasive glaucoma surgery. She is a caring and committed physician who strives to provide the highest quality of personalized eye care.
A native of Puerto Rico, Dr. Rodriguez is fluent in both Spanish and English. She completed her bachelor’s degree in microbiology from Iowa State University and her M.D. from Universidad Central del Caribe earning magna cum laude honors. During her medical training, she was inducted by her peers into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Medical Society, joining an elite group of physicians. She completed her ophthalmology training at the Kresge Eye Institute in Detroit, gaining valuable experience in medical retina, micro-invasive glaucoma surgery, cataract surgery and advanced technology intraocular lenses. In addition to eye care, Dr. Rodriguez expanded her expertise in non-surgical rejuvenation techniques using neurotoxin and dermal filler injections. During the COVID-19 pandemic, she was part of a special team dedicated to provide ophthalmic emergency care and surgeries in the city of Detroit.
She has published numerous articles in specialty journals, and has been selected to present her research at national and international meetings. She was twice honored to be awarded the Hanna Obertynski M.D. Award for Best Published Paper from Kresge Eye Institute.
Outside of her commitment to her patients, Dr. Rodriguez enjoys living an active healthy lifestyle, outdoor activities and making great memories with those around her.
SOCIETIES / ORGANIZATIONS
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Women in Ophthalmology
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS
- Alcon Resident Toric Certification, 2020
- iStent Inject® certification, 2020
- Hanna Obertynski M.D. Award for the best published paper 2019 & 2020
- Kresge Eye Institute OKAP Excellence Performance Recipient
- Universidad Central del Caribe Ambassador, LCME Committee
- Alpha Omega Alpha member, Gamma Chapter at Universidad Central del Caribe
- Universidad Central del Caribe Academic Scholarship Recipient
- Iowa State University Honors Program Capstone Project
- George Washington Carver Scholar