COVID-19 Office Updates
We’re Ready to Serve You!
Elmquist Eye Group is once again seeing patients for in-office appointments, providing a range of medical, surgical and emergency eye care services and optical solutions through offices in Fort Myers and Cape Coral.
We are committed to providing eye care for patients in a safe environment, and our practice is continuing to follow safety protocols and infection control recommendations made by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Elmquist Eye Group is implementing the following additional measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for you, fellow patients and our staff.
- Pre-appointment screenings. You will be asked questions concerning exposure to COVID-19 when scheduling your appointment and again when you arrive at our office.
- Only the patient will be permitted in the office. We will make every attempt to minimize the wait time for both patient and driver.
- New patient paperwork should be filled out prior to your appointment to help minimize your wait time in the office.
- Patients’ temperature will be taken at check-in. We are also checking the temperature of each staff member every day.
- We kindly ask that patients wear a mask to the office.
- Conversation between patient, staff and physician will be kept to a minimum, although please know that we are excited to see you!
- “Dilate” in your car.To adhere to social distancing recommendations, patients may be asked to wait in their car while they dilate. We will text you or an employee will retrieve you from your vehicle when the doctor is ready to see you.
- Personal Protective Equipment.All staff members will wear masks and any other personal protective equipment required (depending on their position or the procedure).
- Room disinfection. Exam and testing rooms will be thoroughly disinfected with strong antiviral/antibacterial agents before and after each patient visit.
- Frame selection. For everyone’s safety and well-being, please ask one of our opticians for assistance with any frame selection.
Your team at Elmquist Eye Group thanks you for your continued support as we navigate this unprecedented time within our community.
Be safe, stay healthy and stay hopeful!