Nina G. Burt, O.D.
Board Certified Optometrist
Office: (239) 936-2020
Email: send email
Dr. Burt was born in South Africa and lived there until she was nine years old. She moved to Brazil and lived in Belo Horizonte for 8 years where she learned the Portuguese language. Dr. Burt attended undergraduate school at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee where she received her Bachelor of Science in Biology in 1999. She then moved to Florida to pursue her optometry degree at Nova Southeastern University. After having graduated with Honors in 2005, she relocated to Fort Myers to start her career. She worked in private practice for three years before joining Elmquist Eye Group in 2009.
Dr. Burt and her family enjoy boating and traveling. Her other non-medical interests include running and cooking.
SOCIETIES / ORGANIZATIONS
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association
- National Board of Optometry, 2005
- State of Florida Certified Optometrist, 2005
HONORS / AWARDS
- Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Nova Southeastern University Externship Clinical Honors
- Nova Southeastern University Internships Clinical Honors
- Academic Excellence Award in Biology, Union University
- Tennessee Academy of Science Research Award
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & CHARITY
- Member, Young Professionals of Florida