Kate M. Wagner, O.D.
Board Certified Optometrist
Office: (239) 936-2020
Email: send email
Dr. Wagner joined Elmquist Eye Group in 2006 and was made a partner in 2007. Prior to moving to Fort Myers, Dr. Kate Wagner was a Captain in the United States Army. She was stationed at Womack Army Medical Center in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Dr. Wagner was deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom from 2004 to 2005. She treated service men and women, and local civilians at a clinic 50 kilometers north of Baghdad. Dr. Wagner completed her service obligation in the summer of 2006 and has been working with Dr. Elmquist, a fellow service member, since then.
A native of Audubon, Iowa, Dr. Wagner received her Bachelor’s degree in Biology in 1998 from the University of Iowa where she was also a member of the women’s crew team. She received her Doctor of Optometry Degree from Nova Southeastern College of Optometry in Fort Lauderdale in 2003 with honors.
Dr. Wagner is an experienced and caring doctor who is committed to giving each patient the individualized care they deserve. “I had the opportunity to serve my country, and now I am blessed to have the opportunity to serve patients here in Southwest Florida.”
SOCIETIES / ORGANIZATIONS
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Society
- Cape Coral Giving Alliance of Women
- Stephen Ministry, Grace Church
- State of Florida Certified Optometrist, 2003
- National Board of Optometry, 2003
- Refractive Surgery Management Course, 2004
- Gulf Coast Business Review 40 under 40 Recipient
- Army Commendation Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal
- U.S. Army Health Professions Scholarship
- Class of 2003 Chancellor’s Award
- VSP Award of Excellence in Primary Care
- Clinical Honors in Externships
- Volk Ocular Disease Excellence Award
- Honors in Contact Lens, Pediatrics and Low Vision Rotations